For low flows at pressures to 3,700 psi (255 bar) and specific gravity down to 0.40
The Armstrong high leverage series of liquid drain traps was
developed especially for draining low-specific-gravity fluids from gases
at high pressures. They use standard Armstrong forged steel bodies with
very high leverage systems and spring assist.
NOTE: Models 2313-HLS, 2316-HLS, 2413-HLS and
2415-HLS are also available with cast T-316 stainless steel body and
all-stainless steel internals. Consult factory.
It is essential that a safety factor of at least 2
be applied to the peak liquid load for sizing purposes. Do not use HLS
drain traps on steam service.
Sour gas service
Forged steel and stainless steel traps can be modified to resist
hydrogen sulfide stress corrosion. These modifications involve annealing
the float, which will reduce the maximum working pressure of the float
to about half its normal value. Consult Armstrong Application
Engineering for allowable working pressures.
For help in specifying the exact model you need, download the product literature.
- TRAP 2313HLS CL.150,300 & 60 – Submittal Drawing (PDF)
- TRAP 2416HLS CL.600,900 & 15 – Submittal Drawing (PDF)
- DRAINER 25133G & HLS FW,SW,S – Submittal Drawing (PDF)
- DRAINER 2313-2316 HLS – Submittal Drawing (PDF)
- DRAINER 26155G & FWSERIES – Submittal Drawing (PDF)
- 2315 HLS FLG. A105 – Submittal Drawing (PDF)
- DRAINER 25155G & FW – Submittal Drawing (PDF)