Find a product
Double DutyÃ‚Â®-4 Steam Trap/Pump Combination
For pressures to 72 psig (4.9 bar) . . .
Trapping Capacities to 4,400 lb/hr (1995 kg/hr)
Pumping Capacities to 350 lb/hr (158 kg/hr)
The Armstrong Double Duty® series steam trap/pump combinations are a low maintenance, low-profile solution for draining heat exchangers in various applications. The Double Duty® series offers you the versatility of combining a pump within a steam trap to aide in condensate drainage from a heat exchanger under all operating conditions (100% turndown).
- Economical. non-electric operation
- Low-maintenance operation. No leaking seals, impeller or motor problems. No NPSH issues.
- Space-saving size. Low-profile body fits in tight spaces while allowing minimal fill head.
- Lower installation costs. Single trade installation.
- Peace of mind. Intrinsically safe.
- Ductile iron durability. Rugged construction material means long service life.
- Efficiency. A closed loop means no motive or flash steam is lost. All valuable BtuÃ¢€â„¢s are captured and returned to the system.
- Safety. The trap/pump can be used in pits or sumps without fear of electrocution or circuit breaker defaults.
- Low-pressure heating systems
- Process heat exchanger or coils with modulating steam control
- Systems under vacuum
- Hazardous (explosion-proof) areas
- Flash tanks
NOTE: Armstrong can also custom fabricate packages to meet your specific needs. Pre-piped Low BoyÃ¢â€žÂ¢, closed-loop and custom-fabricated skid packages are available.
EDD-4 – Double Duty®-4 Steam Trap/Pump Combination – Product Literature (PDF)
Double Duty 4 Steam Trap/Pump Combination – Product Literature (PDF)