Find a product
Double Duty®-6 Steam Trap/Pump Combination
ASME Code Stamped Carbon Steel
For pressures to 200 psig (13.7 bar) . . .
Trapping Capacities to 22,500 lb/hr (10206 kg/hr)
Pumping Capacities to 4,800 lb/hr (2177 kg/hr)
The Armstrong Double Duty® series steam trap/pump combinations are a low maintenance, low-profile solution for draining heat exchangers in various applications. The Double Duty® series offers you the versatility of combining a pump within a steam trap to aide in condensate drainage from a heat exchanger under all operating conditions (100% turndown).
- Economical. non-electric operation
- Low-maintenance operation. No leaking seals, impeller or motor problems. No NPSH issues.
- Space-saving size. Low-profile body fits in tight spaces while allowing minimal fill head.
- Lower installation costs. Single trade installation.
- Peace of mind. Intrinsically safe.
- ASME Carbon Steel durability. Rugged construction material means long service life.
- Efficiency. A closed loop means no motive or flash steam is lost. All valuable Btu’s are captured and returned to the system.
- Safety. The trap/pump can be used in pits or sumps without fear of electrocution or circuit breaker defaults.
- Low-pressure heating systems
- Process heat exchanger or coils with modulating steam control
- Systems under vacuum
- Hazardous (explosion-proof) areas
- Flash tanks
NOTE: Armstrong can also custom fabricate packages to meet your specific needs. Pre-piped Low Boy™, closed-loop and custom-fabricated skid packages are available.
EDD-6 Double Duty®-6 Steam Trap/Pump Combination – Product Literature (PDF)
Double Duty 6 Steam Trap/Pump Combination – Product Literature (PDF)