For loads to 49,000 lb/hr (22226 kg/hr) . . .
Pressures to 300 psig (21 bar)
Armstrong’s cast iron, free-floating guided lever drain traps use the
same bodies, caps, lever mechanisms, valves and seats of Armstrong
inverted bucket steam traps that have been proved in years of service.
Elliptical floats and high leverage make it
possible to open large orifices to provide adequate capacity for drain
trap size and weight.
The hemispherical valve, seat and leverage of the
1-LD, 2-LD, 3-LD and 6-LD cast iron traps are identical in design,
materials and workmanship to those for saturated steam service up to 300
psig (21 bar), with the exception of the addition of a guidepost to
ensure a positive, leak-tight valve closing under all conditions.
For help in specifying the exact model you need, download the product literature.
- Leverage System for Float Traps – Installation and Maintenance (PDF)
- Model 1-LD Liquid Drainer – Installation and Maintenance (PDF)
- Ball Float Drainers – Installation and Maintenance (PDF)
- “Models 1-LD, 2-LD-DG, 3-LD-DF, 6-LD-DG Free Floating Lever Liquid Drainers” – Installation and Maintenance (PDF)
- “Models 32-LD-DG, 33-LD-DG, 36-LD-DF Free Floating Lever Liquid Drainers” – Installation and Maintenance (PDF)