High Pressure Atomization without an Air Compressor
PressureFog™ is Armstrong’s most efficient high pressure atomizing humidification solution. PressureFog™
efficiently produces a rich fog to raise relative humidity without the
need of an air compressor, keeping energy costs low and environments
cool. PressureFog™ is a humidifying system that is ideal for applications that require high water volume with minimum energy use.
Energy efficient, low maintenance, reliable,
precisely controlled, and clean. Armstrong believes these five industry
needs are priority for humidification systems. Since 1938, Armstrong has
been a leading supplier of humidification solutions for corporate
environments, museums, hospitals, universities, semiconductor
manufacturing, and electronics manufacturing. Customers’ needs are
constantly changing and while many of the humidification products are
successful in providing desirable indoor air quality, Armstrong is
committed to developing and engineering new technology to best suit our
- Large capacity range: 250 (113), 500 (227), 1000 (454), 1500 (680), 2000 (907), and 3000 (1361) lbs/hr (kg/hr).
- Power voltage supply: 240, 380, 480, or 600 VAC, all 3-phase, and 4-wire ground.
- Unit has a human-machine interface, houses plunger pump and motor and contains the electrical cabinet.
- Auto or Manual Mode Option
- All wetted parts are stainless steel and plastic
- Welded dispersion manifold with threaded nozzles with an output of 7-16 lbs/hr (3.2-7.3 kg/hr)
- Silent operation
- Droplet separator to trap water droplets that have not evaporated (used in AHU/Duct application)
- Odor control
- Dust compression
- Direct Area Discharge (DAD)
Low Maintenance, Energy Efficient Evaporative Cooling
PressureFog™ compliments the
Armstrong humidification family by offering a low maintenance, energy
efficient solution for evaporative cooling that uses an ultra-clean
source of deionized or reverse osmosis water to ensure no blockage of
the nozzle orifices, no dust from fog evaporation, and to promote better
hygiene. And because of an all stainless steel construction that
prevents corrosion or buildup of deposits, PressureFog™ commits to long-lasting service life.
Compared to other humidification methods like hydro-pneumatic fogging systems and electric steam humidifiers, PressureFog™ is the most efficient solution in its appropriate operational environment.
How PressureFog™ Works
PressureFog™ boosts demineralized water to
1,000-1,200psi (68.9- 82.7 Bar) using a plunger pump, which transmits
the pressurized water to atomizing nozzles. The nozzles then nebulize
the water into an array of super fine particles, down to 10 microns in
diameter. These minutely sized particles create a fog that allows for
quick evaporation and cooling by absorbing heat from the surrounding
This adiabatic process of evaporative cooling
decreases the temperature of the air being humidified; it follows a line
of constant wet-bulb temperature on the psychrometric chart.