In the following pie chart, which of the following two are responsible for the highest expense and the least expense when it comes to generating steam?
- Fuel (highest) and Depreciation (least)
- Direct Compensation (highest) and Property Tax (least)
- Electricity (highest) and Environmental Waste Control (least)
- Fuel (highest) and Water (least)
- Repairs/Improvements (highest) and Supplies (least)
And the answer is…
4. Fuel and Water
Fuel is the most expensive part of producing steam, making up 44.88% of the total costs. That’s why steam efficiency can make such a dramatic impact on costs. On the other end, water is the least expensive part of producing steam.