QMax has expanded their products and services to include QMax CST, their carbon steel tracing product used for hot oil tracing, and in-house fabrication capabilities.
QMax CST (Carbon Steel Tracing)
QMax CST is SA178 Gr A boiler tubing formed to a 1” x 2.25” rectangle and contoured on one side to match the outside diameter of the process pipe. Specifically designed for long-run hot oil tracing, it can be pre-fabricated to customer specializations / drawings or it can be provided as parts and pieces to be fabricated in the field.
The QMax CST offers consistent results whether the goal is:
- Process Temperature Maintenance
- Minimum Pipe Wall Temperature Maintenance
- Light-duty Process Heat-Up
- Critical Process Freeze Protection
The profile of QMax CST is customized to each individual pipe size to ensure optimum results for each application. They also provide process pipe fabrication so that the QMax CST can be pre-installed on the pipe saving time and money on capital projects.
QFX Fabricated Jackets
QMax jackets are designed to create a “heat shield” effect around components such as flanges, nozzles, valves, pumps, meters, strainers and more, to eliminate freezing and cold spots around the equipment. These jackets are custom-made from carbon or stainless steel to fit process equipment and can be fabricated as bolt-on or weld-on.
QMax FX Bolt-On
– These fabricated jackets are offered for most process piping equipment including fittings, valves, pumps, meters and strainers. These jackets are all custom fabricated and made to order but can be produced very quickly. Carbon steel is the standard jacket material, but other materials are available such as stainless steel, titanium and other exotic metals. The QFX jackets have a large heating chamber which provides efficient temperature control over the total surface of the equipment.
QMax FX Weld-On
– These fabricated jackets are offered for equipment such as fittings, valves and strainers. The jackets are custom fabricated and are welded directly to the process equipment. Like the Bolt-on option, various metals may be used.
QMax FX Technical Specifications:
- Jacket Material: made to order
- Maximum Temperature: 900 F
- Standard Rating: 150 psig at 600 F (call for higher ratings)
- Standard Connection Type: 1/2 inch FNPT (Many other connection types available)
For more information on all QMax products to determine the best solutions for your applications, contact the team at Campbell-Sevey