For pressures to 150 psig (10.3 bar) . . .
Capacities to 80,000 lb/hr (36287 kg/hr)
Effective recovery and return of hot condensate are essential to
overall plant efficiency and conservation of energy. Large amounts of
condensate provide the best opportunities to save energy.
The Armstrong PT-516 High Capacity Pump Trap is the low-maintenance,
non-electric solution to moving large amounts of condensate and other
liquids from low points, low pressures or vacuum spaces to an area of
higher elevator or pressure. Condensate can be returned at temperatures
well above the 200°F (93°C) limit of conventional electric pumps without
the problems of leaking seals or cavitation.
- Economical non-electric operation. Uses inexpensive steam air or inert gas.
- Low-maintenance operation. No leaking seals, impeller or motor problems means lower maintenance. No NPSH issues.
- Lower installation costs. Single trade required for installation and maintenance.
- Peace of mind. Standard unit is intrinsically safe—explosion-proof.
- Durable construction. ASME code-stamped carbon steel body vessel.
- Corrosion resistance. Internals are all stainless steel for corrosion resistance and long life.
- Heavy-duty springs. Springs are made from long-lasting Inconel X-750.
- Efficiency. A closed loop means no motive or flash steam is lost. All valuable Btu’s are captured and returned to the system.
- Safety. The pump can be used in flooded pits without fear of electrocution or circuit breaker defaults.
- Externally removable/replaceable seats. Seats can be replaced or cleaned without removing the mechanism assembly.
- Low-pressure heating systems
- Process heat exchanger or coils with modulating steam control
- Remote installations (tracing, tank farms, or remote coils)
- Systems under vacuum
- Hazardous (explosion-proof) areas
- Caustic environments
- Sumps or submersed areas
- Flash tanks
NOTE: Armstrong can also custom fabricate packages to meet your
specific needs. Pre-piped conventional, low-boy, closed-loop and
custom-fabricated skid packages are available.