For pressures to 125 psig (8.5 bar) . . .
Capacities to 14,500 lb/hr (6532 kg/hr)
The Armstrong PT-3500 Series Low Profile Pump Trap
is the low-maintenance, non-electric solution to moving condensate or
other liquids from low points, low pressures or vacuum spaces to an area
of higher elevation or pressure. Condensate can be returned at
temperatures well above the 200°F (93°C) limit of conventional electric
condensate pumps without leaking seals or cavitation problems.
- Economical non-electric operation. Uses inexpensive steam air or inert gas.
- Low-maintenance operation. No leaking seals, impeller or motor problems means lower maintenance. No NPSH issues.
- Space-saving size. Low-profile body fits in tight spaces while allowing minimal fill head.
- Lower installation costs. Single trade required for installation and maintenance.
- Peace of mind. Standard unit is intrinsically safe—explosion-proof.
- Cast iron durability. Rugged construction material means long service life.
- Corrosion resistance. Internals are all stainless steel for corrosion resistance and long life.
- Heavy-duty springs. Springs are made from long-lasting Inconel X-750.
- Efficiency. A closed loop means no motive or flash steam is lost. All valuable Btu’s are captured and returned to the system.
- Safety. The pump can be used in flooded pits without fear of electrocution or circuit breaker defaults.
- Externally removable/replaceable seats. Seats can be replaced or cleaned without removing the mechanism assembly.
- Low-pressure heating systems
- Process heat exchanger or coils with modulating steam control
- Remote installations (tracing, tank farms, or remote coils)
- Systems under vacuum
- Hazardous (explosion-proof) areas
- Caustic environments
- Sumps or submersed areas
- Flash tanks
NOTE: Armstrong can also custom fabricate packages
to meet your specific needs. Pre-piped conventional, low-boy,
closed-loop and custom-fabricated skid packages are available.