ElectroFin® E-Coat offers the highest level of corrosion protection available from an electro coating applicator. Recognized internationally, ElectroFin® E-Coat extends the lives of HVAC&R heat transfer coils and components while reducing maintenance and operating costs.
The ElectroFin® E-Coat process is strictly dedicated to coating heat transfer coils manufactured primarily from aluminum and copper for the HVAC&R and electrical power systems industries.
Our process utilizes deep cleaning of the coil, followed by a proprietary e-coating process involving PPG POWERCRON® and curing process that is only available from ElectroFin®. This is why ElectroFin® E-Coat is regarded internationally as the premier coating solution for all major HVAC&R OEMs.
The ElectroFin® E-Coat process guarantees complete and uniform encapsulation and 100% coverage. You can be assured that the coating penetrates into all coil cavities, covers the entire coil assembly, and provides superior protection in the most severe environments.
- ElectroFin® E-Coat is a water-based, flexible epoxy polymer coating process engineered specifically for HVAC/R heat transfer coils.
- ElectroFin® uses a PPG POWERCRON® e-coat formulation specifically designed to provide excellent edge coverage and the thinnest coating offered, (between 0.6 and 1.2 mils.)
- Designed to protect the coil with less than 1% thermal performance degradation.
- Excellent corrosion and UV resistance make it suitable for coastal environments. E-Coat coated coils are tested and pass ASTM B117 Salt Spray tests exceeding 6,000 hours.
- ElectroFin® E-Coat has a 5 year guarantee.
- The only process that is optimized to guarantee 100% coil coverage without bridging, including enhanced fins up to 30 fins per inch.
- ElectroFin E-Coat Marketing Brochure (PDF)
- ElectroFin AT Marketing Brochure (PDF)
- ElectroFin AM Marketing Brochure (PDF)
- ElectroFin E-Coat White Paper (PDF)
Technical Data Sheets
- ElectroFin E-Coat Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- ElectroFin E-Coat Prohesion Cycle (PDF)
- Modine Coated Coil & Cabinet Cleaning Instructions (PDF)
- Modine Coatings Maintenance Record (PDF)
Safety Data Sheets