Carbon steel or stainless steel for vertical installation
For pressures to 1,540 psig (105 bar) . . .
Capacities to 1,300 lb/hr (590 kg/hr)
Armstrong’s 401-SH/501-SH Series inverted
bucket superheat trap line is made for overcoming the difficult
combination of superheat and high pressure/low load service.
To survive this most severe steam service,
Armstrong created an inverted bucket trap with a unique accumulation
chamber. The chamber collects sufficient condensate to ensure full
discharge cycles. A cup in the chamber floats up and down on the steam
inlet tube, sealing it off as the condensate level rises.
At the same time as the chamber collects condensate, steam continues
to flow under the bucket, making sure that the discharge valve closes
tightly until the condensate rises into the trap body and the bucket
falls down. The operation is on/off, no throttling or dribbling. In
addition, you get all the familiar benefits of an inverted bucket steam
- Reliability. High resistance to wear, corrosion and water hammer with no gaskets.
- Operation against back pressure. A unique leverage system multiplies the force provided by the bucket, to open the valve against system pressure.
- Freedom from dirt problems. The mechanism is
located at the top. No dirt can collect on the orifice. Small particles
of dirt will be held in suspension until discharged by the full
differential purging action.
- Zero steam loss. The discharge orifice is
surrounded by a water seal, which prevents live steam loss. Automatic
air venting is provided by a small hole in the bucket.
- Trouble-free operation. Inverted bucket traps require no adjustment. They do not allow condensate backup and are resistant to water hammer.