Test Your Knowledge: What is the Total Cost of Steam?
In the following pie chart, which of the following two are responsible for the highest expense and the least expense when it comes to generating steam?
- Fuel (highest) and Depreciation (least)
- Direct Compensation (highest) and Property Tax (least)
- Electricity (highest) and Environmental Waste Control (least)
- Fuel (highest) and Water (least)
- Repairs/Improvements (highest) and Supplies (least)
And the answer is...
4. Fuel and Water
Fuel is the most expensive part of producing steam, making up 44.88% of the total costs. That's why steam efficiency can make such a dramatic impact on costs. On the other end, water is the least expensive part of producing steam.
Posted on Thu, September 28, 2017
by Campbell-Sevey filed under