Course Topics Include:
- The steam basics of generation, distribution, utilization and return
- Types of steam traps
- Steam trap operation, testing and sizing
- Pressure reducing station layout and design
- Safety relief valve sizing and repair
- Heating and cooling coil design and piping layout
- (see complete agenda below)
Lasting Benefits: Practical Steam Trap Tips and Training
- How to save energy, time and money through efficient steam trap usage
- How to identify defective steam traps
- How much defective traps are costing your facility
- Guidelines for establishing a steam trap monitoring program
- Longer service life on steam equipment
- Earn Continuing Education credits
Who Should Attend:
Personnel responsible for overall steam system operation, design, maintenance and utility efficiency. Including:
- Plant Managers and Operators
- Operations Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Energy Managers
Call (952)935-2345 for more information or complete the form on the right to register now!
Seminar attendees also receive a free "Steam Team: Great Under Pressure" t-shirt.
1) Fundamentals of Steam
• Video – What is Steam?
• How is Steam Formed?
• What is Sensible Heat?
• What is Latent Heat?
• Pressure/Temperature Relationship?
• What is Flash Steam?
2) Steam Trap Operation
• What are the Three Things a Steam Trap is Meant to do?
• What are the Three Classifications of Steam Traps?
• Steam Trap Fact Sheets
3) Steam Trap Testing
• Three Methods of Testing Traps: Temperature, Ultrasonic, & Visual
• Application, Piping & Installation Practices
4) Steam Distribution & Pipe Sizing
5) Pressure Regulating Valves
• Operation: Reducing, Temperature Regulating
• Sizing, Selection, Layout
6) Safety (Relief) Valves
• Principle of Operation
• Code Requirements
• Application, Selection, Sizing
• Troubleshooting, Repair
7) Steam Coils & Heat Exchangers
• Modulating Control & Piping
• Vacuum Breakers, Air Vents, Traps
• Coil Problems Induced by Flooding:
- Water Hammer
- Corrosion/Carbonic Acid Attack
8) Back Pressure – Condensate Return Lines
• Modulating Steam Pressure Applications
• Check Valves: Back Pressure
• Elevated Condensate Lines
• Condensate Lines Too Small
• Flash Steam
• Known Back Pressure: Flash Tank, D.A.
• Trap Safety Factors
• Trap Sizing and Capacity Chart
9) Condensate Return Systems: Overview
• Remove Flash & Live Steam From Condensate Lines.
• Flash Tanks
• Reuse of Energy Rich Flash Steam
• Pumped Condensate Return Lines
• Pumping Traps versus Centrifugal Pumps
Class size is limited so reserve your space today! Call (952)935-2345 for more information or complete the form on the right to register now.
Registration fee: $495/person - $445/person for groups of 3 or more from the same company.
Custom seminars/sessions are available by request.