Campbell-Sevey has been widely recognized by Xcel Energy and CenterPoint Energy for the energy savings we bring to our customers. But we also incorporate recycling habits and energy efficient design at our headquarters in Minnetonka. Here are a few examples:
- By preconditioning our fresh air (by running it first underground and then through an air-to-air exchanger) we can preheat/precool it significantly.
- We only provide fresh air during occupied hours, 50 hours/week, allowing the underground concrete chase to return to ground temperature. Our A/C unit is also used only during occupied summer months. Otherwise, it’s off.
- We have no furnace or heating boiler in our building. Our source of heat is mostly the lighting, computers and other electrical appliances, and employees.
- We have electric radiant heaters, but they are only used during the coldest winter months. Otherwise, they are off.
- In the exterior walls of our building, the only penetrations are the premium efficiency windows and doors. All wiring/plumbing is routed through interior walls so the insulation fills the entire wall space.
- The exterior walls are filled with 50% more insulation that is standard practice.
- By recycling, we have reduced our trash by 80%.
- We have transitioned from fluorescent lights to LED, which are 30% more efficient.
As you can see, energy efficiency is more than just something we talk about, it is something we proactively seek in all areas of our business, whether for ourselves or for our customers.
Posted on Mon, July 11, 2016
by Th!nk Creative filed under